Thursday, 11 December 2008

Transplant Success

Hi everyone

This is a just a very quick update to let you know that both Richard and Zeke have had successful surgeries. Richard went in first at about 9am and was out by 12.30. Zeke followed and we have just heard from the hospital that Zeke is back on the ward, drowsy but doing well.

We all went up to the hospital at 5pm to visit our Rich who is very yellow, drowsy and looking sore. But nonetheless making the odd joke.

Kate : how do you feel?
Richard: feel like I am stuck half way through a sit-up

Gill: Can you feeel your toes?
Richard: No ma, they cut them off.

So, a few tears, and some of the fiercest relief I have ever felt. How do we thank Richard for this?

Gill and I will go up to the hospital in about one hour to see Zeke.Now sitting down to a warming winter meal of Oxtail which Richard and Dale made yesterday [notice the on going references to food!]

And guys, thanks for all the text messages, emails and phone calls which we have had today. So warm and loving. I will post a few photos and things after we have visited Zeke.

Over and out.

6 comments:

Sally Wagner said...

just to let Zeke know that there is another huge wave of thought coming through from the 'Ivory Lodge' Gang!! from the geriatric campers of 2006!!! Everyone sending very big thoughts through. lots love s, m and co.

The Schelling Clan said...

We are thrilled to hear that all has gone so well! We are thinking of you and wish you all Love, Light and Strength and loads of 'gentle hugs'!

Namaste
much Love
Rex, Saskia, Kiana and Rosalee

Sarah and Dave said...

Hurray!! We join you in your relief, and very biggest recovery wishes for the boys. And to the Kidney support crew, I'd imagine you'll all feel like you've been hit by a bus after the strain you've been under, so look after yourselves too. Wish I could be there to help...maybe cook a meal hey Kate? Heaps of love from us all.

Bruce and Haydee said...

So glad to hear that the ops went well. We all thought of you loads yesterday and wish the boys a speedy recovery. So much love, Chris, Sue, Bruce and Hayds xxxxxxx

The W-Ps said...

We are SO thrilled to read yesterdays blog.... keep feeding them the soup I say! LOADS of love,thoughts and best wishes from us all..... Cosima x

Tanith Davidson said...

So happy that the surgery has gone well for both Richard and Zeke, there must be such relief all around. I wish you both a speedy recovery now!
Thinking of you all so much, sending you big hugs and kisses, Tanith